Professional Computational Fluid Dynamics Consultancy
- More refined and optimized engineering design concepts
- Enhanced Engineering design solutions of prototypes and processes
- Improve performance of engineering process and prototypes.
- Providing our extensive CFD consulting experience accumulated across a wide range of industries.
- Offering our Research expertise and knowledge
- Knowledge transfer to enhance the CFD Modeling capability & sustainability of our partners and thereby maximising the ROI value of their business.
Featured CFD Consulting Case Studies
CFD Analysis of Natural Ventilation
Thermal Cooling System for Server Data Center
2. Building Aerodynamics & Wind Engineering
- Optimization of Building Aerodynamics for minimizing Undesirable Wind Load on the building structure.
This involves various types of Wind Simulation and Numerical Wind Analysis Modeling, such as Wind Load Analysis and Wind Engineering Simulation Analysis
- Design of Building Indoor ventilation efficiency using various ventilation CFD Airflow simulation methods, such as Natural Ventilation Simulation of building interior layout, CFD Analysis of Jet Fans for Carpark ventilation, and Wind Driven Rain Simulation (WDR).
3. Optimization of Industrial Ventilation, Heating & Cooling in HVAC Systems
- Mitigation of Heat Stacking Effect in the HVAC system through the use of HVAC Simulation and Cooling Tower CFD simulation
- Assessment of Building Air Conditioning performance, this includes application in the area of HVAC CFD Simulation Analysis, Data Center CFD Analysis
- Optimization of Commercial Industrial cooling and Heat transfer processes through the use of Thermal Heat Exchanger Simulation and Multiphase Flow Simulation.
6. Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering
We Help Our Clients Gain Valuable Insights to Optimize and Improve Product Performance, Reliability, and Efficiency.
1. Proven Track Records
2. Extensive Industry Experience
3. Cross-Pollination of Ideas
4. Accurate Interpretation of CFD Results Data
Case Studies of Project Accomplished
Below is a selection of some CFD consulting projects and CFD services that we have successfully delivered to our clients.
Due to the sensitive nature of the consulting work involved, we seek to not disclose details of our client’s identity.
In the case studies section of past CFD consulting projects that we were involved in, you’ll soon find our professional work as consultants are universally applied to a diverse range of projects.
1. Building Aerodynamics & Wind Engineering
Analysis of Building Aerodynamics
- Air Flow Analysis Simulation, Study and Optimization of Natural Wind Flow Around High rise Buildings & Effects on Surrounding Built Environment using Computational fluid analysis.
- Analysis and Optimization of Surface pressure contours on buildings & terrain due to External Wind loading forces
Design of Natural Building Indoor Ventilation
- Exploit Wind Resource as a form of Renewable and Sustainable Energy for Natural Ventilation in Residential Spaces
2. Optimization of Industrial Ventilation, Heating & Cooling in HVAC Systems
Mitigation of Heat Stacking Effect in the HVAC system
- Mitigation of Heat Stacking Effect caused by the Recirculation of Hot Exhaust Air Discharged from Air-Conditioning Condenser Units. Through CFD simulation, we can offer you an engineering solution that can help to Enhance Operational Efficiency & Extend the useful operation of air conditioning equipment.
- Base on the flow patterns of Particle trajectories of the exhaust air discharged from air conditioning condenser units, we can assess if whether there is a recirculation of hot exhaust air back into condenser units.
Assessment of Air Conditioning Performance
- Investigate dynamic Airflow patterns & Heat Transfer Behavior in Large Volume Spaces for purpose of Evaluating Performance of proposed Air Conditioning System Design
- This involves simulating and studying the Temperature distribution contours on selected cross-sectional planes in the building which takes into account various heat sources such as building occupants, and thermal heat loads from the sun.
3. Fire Safety Assessment
Optimization of Smoke Suppression Systems
- Simulate and Evaluate the Efficiency of Smoke Suppression Engineering System Design in relation to Life Safety Regulatory Requirements of the Building Occupants.
- Base on the Building design, taking into account available exhaust vents & typical environmental wind conditions, we can use fluid dynamic analysis to simulate Smoke plume caused by a fire outbreak in, to get accurate insights of the smoke movement into an external environment.
Simulation of Complex Airflow Behavior During Fire Outbreak
- We can accurately Simulate and Predict Complex dynamic Airflow Behaviour, Thermal contour distribution & Smoke Movement (Visibility Level) under various Fire outbreak Situations & Operating Conditions.
4. Air Pollution Health Risk Assessment
Indoor Air Pollution Control
- Through precise CFD simulation base on reliable Air Pollution Dispersion Model, we are able perform Air Quality Modeling to accurately predict Particles trajectory Distribution of exhaust air discharged from building exhaust ducts located in the building roof area.
- Base on this simulation CFD modeling, we can assess whether there is an ingestion of airborne contaminants from upwind Exhausts ducts by building ventilation air intakes, which is indicative of re-entry of airborne pollutants back into building roof area.
Downstream Air Pollution Control
5. Electronics Cooling & Thermal Management
- Thermal Structure Design for efficient Cooling of Advanced Electronic component packages
- Optimization of Surface temperature emission of Die & Lead Frame in Metric Quad Flat Pack (MQFP) due to natural convection cooling in the JEDEC enclosure.
6. Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering
- Minimize of Hull Resistance. This is for Suppression of Detection Signatures in Naval Surface vessels & Submarines
- Fluid dynamic simulation ensures a smooth laminar surface flow around submarine indicating wave breaking at the bow, the formation of near-field bow wave & trailing wake.
7. Offshore & Marine Engineering
- Optimization of Anti-Wave Baffle Design for Skimmer Pre-Deoiler Naval Vessel, to Stabilise Fluid Movement and to Minimize undesirable Mixing of Oil & Water in Vessel for Increased Oil/Water Separation Efficiency
- Transient free boundary surface of produced water in Skimmer Pre-Deoiler Ship Vessel, installed on Floating Production Unit, subjected to dynamic motions & accelerations of open sea wave motion (6DoF).
Other Featured CFD Consulting Case Studies
Thermal Comfort Mapping
Enclosure Design Optimization
DFSS Studies for Floor Ducts
The objective of this CFD consulting project is to predict the thermal heat loss from the building floor ducts by using the different type of insulation materials with different insulation thickness. Overall for this CFD simulation study, L1 to L12 cases was done and each case has four different subsequent iterations, totally 48 iterations were done. This project got a best DFSS award.
CFD Analysis for an IP Duct
The objective is to minimize the pressure drop. By using the CFD studies, our engineers were able to have minimized the pressure drop less than the maximum limit.
Porous media CFD Consulting simulations
- CFD simulations using Lattice Boltzmann based solver commonly used by various major CFD Fluid Dynamics Company all around the world – PowerFLOW to analyse essential rock properties.
- The main objective for this is developing scripts in Python, estimate resistance values for porous media and run simulations using a porous media model in PowerFLOW and find out permeability.
- Porous media simulations on micro CT scan images to account for unresolved porosity.
High Knudsen number flow CFD Consulting Project
- CFD simulations to study flow in microchannel and microtubes for high Knudsen number flow.
- Because for unconventional rocks like Shale, Knudsen number is high due to high pressure and smaller length scales.
- Therefore, to study behaviour of flow in high Knudsen number is very important. Developed code/scripts to automate simulation and analyze functionality using object oriented programing in Python for high Knudsen number flow.
Development of Code within SU2 for Unsteady Fluid Flow with user Specified Motion
The objective is to incorporate user-defined motion for mesh morphing in unsteady flow analysis. A code is developed within SU2 in C++ language. Here the surface mesh is changed according to the equation that user has fed into the solver. Then volume mesh is morphed, this, in turn, alters flow field.
This code developed helped in specifying an equation of motion of choice and use it for fluid flow analysis.
Numerical Simulation of Microhole Film Cooling
Numerical CFD Consulting Analysis on Effect of Aspect Ratio on Fluid Flow Characteristics Past a Rectangular Cylinder
Numerical Studies on Fluid flow past Transversely Oscillating Rectangular Cylinder of Different Aspect Ratio
For the last few decades, engineers dealing with the design of bridges, offshore structures, electronic chips etc. have been studying the fluid-structure interaction of the bluff bodies. The fluid-structure interactions are studied by a common approach wherein the body is forced to oscillate with a predefined motion that actually resembles the flow-induced vibrations.
For the present CFD consulting study, an in-house SUPG-FEM algorithm based on non-inertial frame approach is employed. In the present algorithm, the effect of the non-inertial frame is represented by a simple source term in the transverse momentum equation. It facilitates computational convenience by avoiding the re-meshing of the whole domain that is required if a fixed inertial frame were used instead. Accordingly, the rectangular cylinder was forced to vibrate for various configurations such as the Aspect Ratio, Reynolds number based on the depth of the cylinder.
The frequency ratios chosen for the study are 0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0. The oscillating amplitude ratios considered for the cylinder are 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3. The pressure and the surface tangential component of the cylinder acceleration play an important role in the vortex formation and shedding.
As the flow attains constant periodicity, vortices with an alternate sense of rotation are shed behind the rectangular cylinder. The influence of the cylinder vibration on the wake patterns, phase plane, lift force, drag force etc. are presented and discussed. It is observed that the force coefficients are high at harmonic frequency ratio for lower amplitudes, as the amplitude increases the maximum value shifts to superharmonic case.
Other CFD Consulting Projects successes include
- Predicting the flow of diesel exhaust plumes.
- Verification of Building Facade and Louvre performance against environmental elements and wet weather conditions. This is done through the use of Wind-Driven Rain Louvre design Simulation verification
- Analysis of Hydroelectric spillways involving Water Treatment Simulation.
- Analysis of Building aerodynamics & Natural ventilation (for Green Mark Certification)
- Simulation of HVAC air handling systems, such as CFD Analysis of Jet Fans used in Ductless ventilation system commonly used in Car parks
- Simulation of Atmospheric pollutant dispersion and Smoke Movement, by performing Centrifugal Fan CFD Simulation
- Simulation modeling of Smoke Movement for Fire Safety Assessment. This includes various Ventilation Fan CFD, such as Axial Fan CFD Simulation studies, Jet Fan CFD Simulation and Centrifugal Fan CFD Analysis Simulation
- Analysis of Space-based communications equipment
- Complex thermal problems with localized concentration of extreme temperature
- Conjugate convective-conductive thermal fluids analysis of a tightly integrated circuit board
- Fluid-structure-interface (FSI) work on hydraulic man-lifts or
- Radar absorbing walls located in coastal airports.
Microchannel Solar Receiver CFD Consulting Project
- Thermal modeling and design of microchannels with circular pin fins using – Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
- Work involved computational modeling of coupled fluidic and heat transfer processes occurring in a unit cell of the Microchannel Solar Receiver (MSR). Conducted detailed parametric CFD Simulation study varying the geometric parameters for microchannel pin fin design to achieve maximum thermal efficiency with minimum pressure drop.
- Developed an optimized fluidic design of unit cell design of microchannel solar receiver with circular pin fins that meets efficiency goal and pressure drop and temperature goals.
Numerical Simulation of Transonic Flow over Complex Configurations
Store Separation Analysis for Mirage aircraft using DFBI model with unsteady Euler CFD Solver
Windshield De-icing CFD Simulation
Performance analysis of RAMJET Engine using swirling technology
CFD Consulting Simulation of vertical axis telescopic savories wind turbine:
Geometric Optimization of Blunt Bodies for a Wave Drag and Aerodynamic Heating Reduction Through Hybrid Flow Control Technique.
Features & Benefits of CFD Consulting
1. Proven Track Records
- ST Engineering
- Wave Computation Technologies
- Singapore Institute of Technology
- BCA Academy
- CPG Corporation
- RSP Architects Planners & Engineers
- Building Construction Authority
- DP Architects
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Surbana Jurong
- AfoGreen Build
2. Extensive Industry Experience
- Aerospace, Medical
- HVAC systems engineering
- Civil & Structural built environment
- Automotive and Marine
- Chemical & petrochemical
- Defense & security
- Food & beverage
- Renewable energy and water
- Wastewater processing
3. Cross-Pollination of Innovative Ideas
CFD Consulting Case Study
4. Accurate Interpretation of CFD Results Data
Call Us for a Free Consultation
Learn more about what our CFD consulting services can do for your company now by simply calling us at +6581822236 for a no obligation discussion of your needs.
Our knowledgeable and friendly technical consultants will be happy to answer any of your queries and Assist to understand more about your needs and requirements
Alternatively, for quote request, simply email us your detailed technical specifications & requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
BroadTech Engineering was founded by a team of engineers in partnership with Dr. Victor Wu, a prominent Professional Engineer, and internationally recognized CFD authority.
He has under his belt over 40 years of CFD related experience in the area of academic research as well as industrial consultancy. In addition, he has published over 200 research publications on the study of CFD to date.
He has over 20 years of in-depth research experience in CFD code development and has successfully accomplished over 200 industrial CFD consulting projects (with diverse industry applications in the area of HVAC, Maritime engineering, Aerospace engineering, Automotive design validation, Thermal cooling of electronics, Fire & safety assessment and Environmental airflow engineering)
His research specialization includes numerical modeling of turbulence simulation and development of numerical discretization techniques for partial differential equations.
No 12-07, Suntec Tower 1,
Over the years, BroadTech Engineering has Set Itself Apart By Striving To Exceed Client Expectations In Terms of Accuracy, Timeliness and Knowledge Transfer. Our Process is Both Cost-Effective and Collaborative, Ensuring That We Solve Our Clients Problems.
At BroadTech Engineering, we are seasoned experts in Star CCM+ and ProPlus Software in our daily work.
We can help walk you through the software acquisition process, installation, and technical support.
- Siemens Star CCM+
- Femap (FEA)
- HEEDS Design Optimization
- Solid Edge (CAD)
- Proplus Solutions SPICE Simulator
- Proplus Solutions DFY Platform
- Proplus Solutions High-Capacity Waveform Viewer