Introducing Solid Edge
Solid Edge from Siemens provides Next Generation Technologies that Solve Today’s Toughest Product Development Challenges.
A Complete Product Development Portfolio – Overview
Solid Edge Packages Available:
- Solid Edge Design and Drafting
- Solid Edge Foundation
- Solid Edge Classic
- Solid Edge Premium
Solid Edge Portfolio
- Mechanical and
- Electrical design
- CAE simulation, manufacturing
- Technical publications
- Engineering data management and more
Solid Edge 2020: See What’s New
Latest Software Release
Solid Edge 2020: See What’s New
- Visualize design intent with augmented reality (AR).
- Minimize errors and shorten Engineering development time with seamless integration of Advanced electrical and mechanical design Concepts.
- Validate designs with Brand new Integration of Mechanical motion and Dynamic vibration Engineering simulation.
- Lower manufacturing costs with model-based definition and new 2D nesting capabilities.
- Internationally share Technical Engineering documentation Publication with Latest language translation tools.
- Take Total Version control of your Engineering Technical Information with Design data management tools that Easily Grow with business needs.
- And cloud-ready Multi-Functional Team collaboration, offering a Very Safe Method of sharing product data regardless of origin
Visualize and Validate your Ideas with Next Generation technology, from Augmented Reality to Model
Compress Product Engineering Development time with Seamless integration & Validation of Electrical and Mechanical design Concepts.
Core CAD Enhancements
Solid Edge supports all major 3D files so that you can continue working on the CAD format you are familiar with
1. Model-Based DefinItion
Enjoy Gains in Engineering Productivity Output with Model-based Definition & Total Digital Characterization
2. Augmented Reality (AR)
Make Design Concepts with 3D Immersive & Realistic AR Visualization
3. Reverse Engineering
Render Digital Twin Quicker & Simpler with Next Gen Integrated CAD Technologies
4. Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM)
Integrated with Latest Manufacturing Technologies, such as Additive Manufacturing
Put your Designs in Motion with Simulation Tools Built for Designers, Powerful Enough for Analysts
Solid Edge Fully Embedded CFD Analysis Tool, FloEFD, enables You to Front-load Simulation by moving CFD simulation early into the design process. This enables Design Engineers to Examine & Evaluate Design Ideas earlier to obtain optimized Performance & Reliability
Powerful, Scalable Simulation Solutions
Empower Engineers to Choose the Best CAE Tools for Specific Simulation Requirements.
Validate, Optimize Design Early to Save Time & Cost
Virtually Validate & Optimize Engineering Design with Modules such as FloEFD Solid Edge
Why Solid Edge ?
Don’t Just Model, Innovate!
Visualize and Validate your Ideas with Next-Generation Solid Edge Technology, from Augmented Reality to Model
1. Enhancement in Solid Edge Mechanical Design
Speed, flexibility and next-generation design
Top Enhanced Capabilities in Mechanical Design
- Model-Based Definition
- Augmented Reality (AR)
- Reverse Engineering
- Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM)
- Core CAD Enhancements
1 • Model-Based Definition
2. • Augmented Reality (AR)
3 • Reverse Engineering
4 • Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM)
5 • Core CAD Enhancements
Industry Proven Engineering Modeling Precision
Solid Edge Portfolio
Solid Edge 2020 from Siemens provides Next Generation Technologies that Solve Today’s Toughest Product Development Challenges.
Speeds Up Design Iteration of Lighter, Stronger Parts with Topology Optimization, Generative design, Synchronous Design suited for today’s additive Manufacturing Processes.
Front-Load Simulation early in Design Development, to Shorten Time-to-Manufacture, & Cost-to-Manufacture
Overcome Electrical Design Challenges early in the Design Cycle with Solid Edge Integrated Electrical Design
Design for Manufacture (DFM) Capabilities suitable for Both Conventional & Additive Manufacturing
Enjoy online Cloud-based CAD Data management, Viewing Access, Dynamic markup, Secured Sharing & Collaboration with Solid Edge Portal
Dynamically Generate technical Documentations that Communicate the most efficient Engineering Workflow for Your Products.
Highly Scalable Engineering data management Tools & PLM capabilities Integrated into Solid Edge
Some of our customers who benefited from choosing Solid Edge
48.3% of SMB manufacturers believe their efforts around digital transformation will be essential to their company’s survival in the next 3-5 years.
Solid Edge with synchronous technology will reshape the way you think about product design.
“Digitalization has also made it possible to better track and manage the materials used in production and Thermoplan’s quality assurance processes. The company can now also offer customer service remotely over the internet; for example, by providing instructions for replacing the water filter.”
Contact Us for Demo Today
Please fill out the form below. Our friendly customer service staff will get back to you as soon as we can.
A CAD Modeling Solution That Span All Industries
Learn How Solid Edge Solves the Toughest Problems In Various Industries
1. Aerospace & Defense
4. Oil & Gas
5. Chemical & Process
7. Medical Devices & Pharmaceuticals
Put your Designs in Motion with Solid Edge Simulation Tools Built for Designers, Powerful Enough for Analysts
2. Engineering Simulation
Powerful, Scalable Simulation Solutions
Accurate and fast CAE Simulation Modeling –
Validate, Optimize Design Early to Save Time & Cost
Scalable simulation software that drives design
Top Goals of CFD Analysis as an Engineering Development Tool
- Meet product Engineering Functional Specification requirements(for Instance: lower Overall weight, Quicker peed, complex Performance Dynamics, etc.)
- Avoid Undesirable downstream development delays and Expenses (for example: reduce Costly Destructive testing and Physical prototyping, Avoid Unnecessary Engineering change orders, etc.)
- Satisfy Client contractual obligations or Governmental Regulations
- Minimize product Engineering lifecycle costs
- Drive Manufacturing costs lower. In short, Product engineers can help reduce the Number of prototype Variants Fabricated and Lower cost (through use of Superior materials and Built quality), efficiency, as well as Boost Business profit margins.
Successful Execution is key
- The Finished product being Developed and designed
- The Design Workflow being used to design it
- The Product Mechanical designer
- The end Consumer of the Manufactured product
Solid Edge Multiphysics Simulation Capabilities
CAE Capability to simulate Various Modes of Fluid Flow, Fluid Characteristics and Physics
Solid Edge Simulation Preprocessing
Solid Edge Mold flow
Frontloading CFD Flow Simulation – Introducing Solid Edge FloEFD
Overview Of Solid Edge FloEFD Simulation Software
Why is Solid Edge FloEFD the right solution?
Seamless Integration of CAE Simulation Capabilities into your Existing Workflow
Constant Evolution of Solid Edge FloEFD Over the Years
Benefits of FrontLoading Engineering Simulation
- Meet product Design requirements(for Instance: lower Overall weight, Quicker speed, complex behavior Dynamics, etc.)
- Avoid Undesirable downstream development delays and Expenses (for example: reduce testing and prototyping, reduce change orders, etc.)
- Fulfill customer contractual obligations or Governmental Regulations
- Reduce product Engineering lifecycle Expenses
- Push production Expenses lower. In short, design engineers can help reduce the number of prototype Variants Fabricated and optimize cost (through Usage of Superior materials and Built quality), efficiency, as well as Boost company profit margins.
1. Frontloaded CFD solutions offer significant Engineering Time savings.
Frontloaded CFD Simulation Drastically Shorten Solving Time
Solid Edge FloEFD significantly Compresses Project Engineering time.
Solid Edge FloEFD Offers Proven Overall Operational productivity gains
How is this Actually possible with Solid Edge FloEFD?
- By being fully integrated into the Solid Edge Software CAD Modeling Platform, the Solid Edge FloEFD software Utilizes the same native geometry File for Numerical Computation. Manually Exporting File data and Patching it in Pre-processing for CFD Analysis Simulation or Finite Element FEA analysis is no longer required.In addition, the Solid Edge FEA Simulation software, namely Solid Edge NX Nastran, simply Inserts in – it does not require you to Master a new Software Graphical User interface (GUI) nor does it Need familiarity with the Solid Edge Software Frontend to interface Each time the CFD Simulation software is used.
- In CFD Computational fluid-flow Dynamics Analysis and Thermal heat-transfer Simulation, the CFD Consulting Objective are interested in understanding The Flow Pattern in the negative space, ie. the empty space. With Conventional CFD Simulation, additional design geometry has to be Generated to represent that cavity Shape.Frontloaded CFD Software solutions Coupled with the Solid Edge Synchronous Technology are Smart enough to recognize that the empty space is the fluid domain to be studied so that no Valuable Hours is wasted Generating geometry to accommodate the CFD software. This Process is Now made completely Irrelevant.
2. Complete Integration of Solid Edge FloEFD into Your CAD Modeling Workflow
Solid Edge Simulation Automatic Meshing Capabilities
What is Frontloading Simulation?
Frontloaded Engineering Simulation is an Integrated Part of Modern Engineering Portfolio
Disadvantages of Conventional CFD Software – Extremely Long Simulation Solving Time Required
Computationally Lean with Significantly Less demand for Hardware Resources
Success Case Studies of Solid Edge Simulation Users
Expanding Roles of Product Development Designer
Why FrontLoading Simulation is Important for Today’s Fast-Paced Engineering Development
1. Executive Overview – Today’s Competitive Manufacturing Development Landscape
2. Evolution of Engineering Simulation process From Serialized to Multi-disciplinary Collaboration
3. Perform Simulation early, Simulate often Utilizing Solid Edge FLOEFD
4. Development Cost is Largely Determined by Design Decisions Early in the Engineering Process
5. Growing Complexity of Engineering & Automobiles Systems
5. Inefficient Operational Workflow of Conventional CFD Software
6. Risk of 3D Approximation when Transferring CAD Data between Software
A Solid Edge is an Indispensable Tool to the Modern Product Development Engineer
Today’s typical Product Engineering designer is Essentially a mechanical Design engineer.
Solid Edge Capabilities – A complete set of CAD solutions
Design a Part with Synchronous Technology
Import and Edit 3D Data
Create a Top-Down Assembly
Create a Detailed Engineering Drawing
Design a Sheet Metal Part
Solid Edge Capabilities - A complete set of CAD solutions
3. Electrical Design – PCB Collaboration
Integrated electrical design
Traditional and additive manufacturing
- Machining Toolpaths are Closely associative to the Solid Edge Component and assemblies Files, so the Machining toolpaths can be quickly updated to Include any Engineering design changes. This is in contrast to Solidworks CAD Software from SeaCAD Technologies, where modules are largely disjointed and not integrated.
- Create complex sheet metal component Engineering Designs, Specialized for Efficient Engineering Component manufacturing Inside Solid Edge ST10.
- Just Like Solidworks CAD Software, you can Conveniently 3D print New customized parts yourself or access a Suite of Advanced additive manufacturing services, optimizing your Component material Library and delivery.
5. Technical Publications
Communicate globally your digital design documentation
- Quickly create detailed illustrations of your Engineering designs.
- Solid Edge CAD Enables you to Publish interactive digital Engineering Documentation for Your work instruction packages.
Dynamic technical publications
Seven tips for better CAD Graphic Rendering
Solid Edge: Everything you need to bring your vision to life
Rendering in Solid Edge
Rendering capabilities of Solid Edge include:
• Drag-and-drop editing of materials, lighting and environments
• Save preferences for Quick referencing
• Generate unmatched photorealism with Pre-configured Out-of-the-box settings
• Use Customized backgrounds Designs to frame your Final products
6. Engineering Data Management
Scalable, Searchable and manageable Solid Edge data.
- Enhancements to Integrated Solid Edge data management for simple PDM.
- Improved Solid Edge Classic and Teamcenter integration for more Advanced Product data management.
- New Solid Edge plus Teamcenter bundles Offers great value and ROI for a highly Reasonable Solid Edge Price.
Scalable data management
7. Cloud-Based Collaboration – Solid Edge Portal
- Conveniently Involve other Project Collaboration users, suppliers and customers to collaborate securely in the cloud, including Customers using other CAD systems such as Solidworks CAD Software.
- Solid Edge 2020 portal allows you to Upload and Organize your Engineering Design files in cloud-based Shared project folders.
- Multi-platform, browser-based viewing of Solid Edge, SolidWorks Software and Various other Mainstream CAD File formats.
Secure storage, viewing, markup, and sharing of CAD files.
- Web-based CAD storage, File viewing, and Cross-functional Team collaboration.
- Browser-based user access for viewing and Intuitive markup of CAD files on any device.
- Secure sharing of projects information
- All common CAD formats Accepted
Evolving beyond history-based Solidworks CAD 3D modeling
History-Based CAD Modeling Technologies
Challenges of History-Based Modeling Approach
Best Industry practice for Ordered -Based modeling
Solid Edge Synchronous Modeling Technologies
Advantage of Solid Edge Synchronous Modeling Technologies
Unexpected Engineering Benefits of Synchronous Modeling
The importance To Dynamically Adjusting to Technology Trends
Pro-actively Adapt to Get Ahead of Your Competition
Solid Edge 3D Generative Design Modeling
Leveraging Solid Edge Mesh-based Innovations
Solid Edge Reverse Engineering
Solid Edge Convergent CAD Modeling
Impact of Digitization & IoT on Future of Engineering
Best practice in Advanced shape Design – Enter Solid Edge CAD Software
Solid Edge Advanced Intersect Capabilities
Designed for Maximum Efficiency
Solid Edge Advanced Surface Redefinition Feature
Solid Edge Radial Quick-Access Menu
Realizing Engineering Design Begins in the mind
Agreement on Specific rules and guidelines.
Modern Day Challenges of Managing Engineering Changes
Using Engineering Design layout and master model techniques
Solids and surfaces Modeling in Solid Edge
Solid Edge 2D Surfaces
Solid Edge Surface-solid workflow
Solid Edge 3D Solids Modeling
Solid Edge Super Advanced features
When your concept Design Begins outside of CAD: Reusing industrial design sketches
Getting the Engineering details right in Solid Edge
Solid Edge Simultaneous workflows and CAD data management
Embracing New Cutting Edge Innovations
The Success Principles of Siemens
The benefits of Going Against Conventions
No 12-07, Suntec Tower 1,
Over the years, BroadTech Engineering has Set Itself Apart By Striving To Exceed Client Expectations In Terms of Accuracy, Timeliness and Knowledge Transfer. Our Process is Both Cost-Effective and Collaborative, Ensuring That We Solve Our Clients Problems.
At BroadTech Engineering, we are seasoned experts in Star CCM+ and ProPlus Software in our daily work.
We can help walk you through the software acquisition process, installation, and technical support.
- Siemens Star CCM+
- Femap (FEA)
- HEEDS Design Optimization
- Solid Edge (CAD)
- Proplus Solutions SPICE Simulator
- Proplus Solutions DFY Platform
- Proplus Solutions High-Capacity Waveform Viewer